Thursday, November 11, 2010

Russian doll invitation inspiration

Mum's turning 50 and I wanted to create something special for her invitations.
Several false starts later I fell upon the idea to use my Russian dolls (and they are the real deal from a Kyrgyzstani friend for our Wedding) as a backdrop for photos of Mum.
One doll for each decade.
The hardest part was finding the right photos, scanning and resizing and even colour-setting them to fit.
Tracing paper for sizing, masking tape for sticking.
I photographed them - was quite hard getting the light right to stop a reflection interfering with the images...
Tomorrow we'll be printing them and sticking to orange cards with message inside. Then sending them immediately as the party's a week away!
(I am in two photos, middle and second from right)

No comments:

Post a Comment